Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Adam Curry article on TV trickery & Weblogging

I am new to the blogging scene.

My saving grace is that as many Texas residents proclaim "I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could!"

In travelling through the blog community I have come across some very good and very bad blogs — bad in the sense that they are boring and never updated. As long as people are using them to express themselves, then I don't consider them bad no matter what the content. Matter of fact, some of the best reading that I have done has been by clicking on the "Next Blog" link at the top right hand corner of this page. Getting a random peak into peoples lives is pretty eye-opening.

On the professional, more established blog circuit there are many great ones. One of the best is from Adam Curry, the old MTV VJ. I had no idea, but the guy is very intellegent and has been very successful after the MTV years. His blog is fantastic and includes a daily show, Daily Source Code, via mp3 format that is great. The premise of the show is hard to nail down exactly but it includes tech talk for those developing apps the tech savvy out there — ipod users, bloggers, etc. There is music, ideas, and great conversation. It is meant to be delivered directy to user's ipods, but you can download the mp3 to your harddrive and listen to it via a media player. I have really enjoyed it.

I just wanted to introduce him and his blogs to my site because I will probably post stuff from him here often. I have found many other great blogs that I will do the same with. Eventually I will publish this blog through a separate hosting site so that I can add a "links" page more easily.

In the meantime, knowing how I feel about TV, here is a great article.

"Yesterday when reading the 'blah, blah, blah and blog' Wired article, something Evan said struck me right between the eyes; "[...] If you write everyday, your writing improves, your thinking improves."

Right on! The magic of blogging revealed at last.

Its brain-training.

If you read me regularly you know how I feel about the trickery used in telvision. What is rewarded as 'art' is the equivalent of chewing gum for your brain. The metaphor really fits, if you think you're sitting in front of the tube and are relaxed, then you are sorely mistaken. Your brain is working quite hard on putting the images and sounds into some sort of logical flow.

When you see two actors talking at a kitchen table, plotting to do something and the next scene show the same two actors driving in a car, your brain fills in the missing pieces. TV makers have perfected this technique through 50 years of experience. They know exactly when to cut away from the first scene to the next, what music and 'tension curve' is needed to coax the viewer's brain into the task of filling in the blanks.

If you have never read the Zen TV experiment please do this now.

...
The rest of the article is here. (I would have put up the whole thing but it is lengthy)


6 Comments:

Anonymous Breyer horse man said...

Hello, I have a fairly new website that has been online for about 8 months. I am doing research as per a fellow website owner suggested to gather information about delivering good content to my visitors. I looked at alot of websites that are in my area Breyer horses . I have done the internet MLM thing and really got disgusted at the whole thing. So my wife and I thought since we love horses we should build a website around that. We have done pretty good so far but I always want to improve. I didn;t realize it would be so time consuming though. But we love it and hope to improve and offer some of the best recourses and products available. Hence the search for content new products and information about what we have.

Thank you for your BLOG.

Regards,

Breyer horses

January 8, 2006 at 8:02 AM  
Blogger cavtBiOz said...

pictures of horses is a topic covered on this site. Your readers might be interested in checking it out further.

January 17, 2006 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous joel said...

More than 1000 Mouthwatering Indian Recipes to choose from. Make wonderful mouthwatering dishes at home and impress/suprise your loved ones. Step - by - step instructions that actually show you how 5 Star Chefs create such delicious meals.
indian cooking
A must for Indian Food lovers.

January 23, 2006 at 11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolita chin
lolitas 13
lolitas kid
free anal sex
lolita picture
lolita suck
lolita cp terra loltobbs ftp lol
lolita vip lolitas virgins bbs
lolita lolly fuck movie children
lolita chin
lolitas 13
lolitas kid
free anal sex
lolita picture
lolita suck
lolita cp terra loltobbs ftp lol
lolita vip lolitas virgins bbs
lolita lolly fuck movie children

February 23, 2007 at 6:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

online airline tickets

February 26, 2007 at 6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She pulls away from him and hops up onto the edge of the hot tub, staring at him, hoping he will take the initiative.
She puts her hand slowly down her bikini to caress her wet pussy. Casey moves closer to her as she sticks her finger further into her pussy.
Before his bbs preteen link can touch her body, she pulls her soaked finger out, traces it on his bbs loli sunbbs, and slowly licks his bbc pictures lolitas clean.
He moves his head down her body, kissing her skin on his way. When he reaches her bikini,
he unties each side with his teeth and throws that piece in the hot tub as well. As he moves further down still, he kisses her stomach,
traveling down to her smooth pussy child sex slave industry. He starts by lightly kissing on the outside, all around, then penetrates her deep purple with his tongue.. slowly.
Moving in closer, he surrounds her clit with his dark russian lolita and sucks gently. With his free nymphet lolita around and his tongue circling her clit,
he slides a finger inside, fucking her faster and faster. He moves up and replaces his finger with his dick,
keeping up with the pace of her heartbeat felt through their chests.
They fuck so fast and hard that she is left with bruises and abrasions on her skin from the concrete that aren't found until the next morning.
"Damn, baby, I can't tell if I had a good time or if you kicked my ass. Maybe it was both," she said.

March 1, 2007 at 1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home